Welcome to the Mental Health Services Clinic.
The focus at our service is to enable you to achieve psychological well-being and academic success. We provide a secure, non-judgmental and confidential space in which to pursue your mental health treatment. Our clinic consists of a team of psychiatrists, psychologists and psychotherapists whom are all available by appointment. Please note that for an appointment with a psychiatrist, you will first need a referral by a physician.
Only those McGill students who have paid their Student Services fee are eligible for treatment within the clinic.
Who is this service for?
We treat a variety of mental health difficulties. Some examples include anxiety, depression, obsessions/compulsions, ADHD, relationship difficulties, eating disorders, severe winter blues, trauma-related anxiety, substance abuse as well as other conditions.
We see students who drop-in due to an urgent situation. You will be seen briefly and given a referral as appropriate.
- Available Monday-Friday from 9:00 to 3:30pm.
- Can be booked on the phone (514-398-6019), in person, or via mentalhealth [dot] stuserv [at] mcgill [dot] ca (email).
- An assessment appointment is usually available within two weeks of initial contact.
What to bring to your appointment
You must bring your McGill ID card and a valid Medical Insurance card (provincial or McGill Blue Cross) to each visit. You will be asked to pay cash for your visit if you do not have a card. Payment can be made by either cash, debit, VISA, Mastercard or American Express. If you wish to consult one of our psychiatrists, a referral from your family doctor or another physician is necessary (fax to 514 398-5529)
- June 1, 2013 to August 25, 2013
- 8:30 to 4:30pm
- We are closed all Summer Fridays, starting June 21st to August 16th.
Due to the high demand for our clinic services, students who cancel their appointments less than 24 hours will pay a $20.00 cancellation fee. Students who do not contact us to cancel will be charged $70.00.
I've graduated: Can I still use the clinic?
When were you last registered?
- Fall term (September-December) - I can use the clinic until December 31st
- Winter term (January-April) - Can use the clinic until August 31
- Summer term - until August 31st
Where are we located?
The Service is located at:
Brown Student Services Building
3600 McTavish, Suite 5500
Hours of operation:
Monday to Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.