The primary objectives of this funding opportunity are:
- to support Faculty of Medicine graduate students in building global linkages and international networks through the pursuit of exceptional research experiences at research institutions or workshops outside of Canada; and
- to contribute to strengthening the potential for collaboration between Canadian universities and affiliated research institutions and universities or other research institutions outside of Canada.
- Students must be registered full-time in a graduate degree program in the Faculty of Medicine;
- Application must be received no later than April 7th, 2015;
- End date of travel must be no later than August 31st, 2015;
- International travel ONLY;
- Travel must not be for conferences
1) Fill out and print this application form: International Travel Award Form 2014-15.doc. Sign and scan the document and save it as "LastnameFirstnameApp.pdf" and upload it below.
2) Write a one-page summary (maximum) of intended research activities during the study period abroad, using the following headings:
- objectives, methodology and expected outcomes;
- relationship of the work to be carried out to the current thesis work;
- description of the potential benefits to be derived from working at, or attending, the host institution/workshop in relation to current thesis objectives; and
- a detailed budget which provides reasonable estimates for costs. NOTE: Only travel (gas, train, bus, air) and workshop fees/course registration will be covered. You may include accommodation in your budget but this is not guaranteed and will only be considered after the April 3rd deadline, should funds be remaining in the program.
Save the document as "LastnameFirstnameSummary.doc" and upload it below.
3) Fill out the boxes below and upload the application form and summary document.