Biomedical Curriculum Committee
Department >> Faculty of Medicine Biomedical Curriculum Committee >> Faculty of Medicine Associate Dean of Biomedical BSc, Graduate and Posdoctoral Affairs/Deanery >> SCTP >> APC >> Senate
Department initiates proposal for new courses and programs and changes to existing courses and programs to the Biomedical Sciences Curriculum Review and Planning Committee (BCC) after approval of the Departmental Curriculum Committee and/or Department Chair/Unit Director.The application form must be signed and the online submission must be approved in Minerva by the Chair/Director. Application is then forwarded to Graduate Studies Administrator - Faculty of Medicine gradadmin [dot] med [at] mcgill [dot] ca
- The application is then reviewed by the BCC who will communicate with the Department/Unit/School if more information is needed.
- Once approved by the BCC, The Associate Dean of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies and Biomedical BSc approves and the application is then forwarded to the University Sub-Committee on Courses and Teaching Programs (SCTP).
- The approved proposal will proceed to the Faculty of Gradaute Studies and Research and University Academic Policy and Planning Commitee (APC).
- The Faculty of Medicine informs the Department/Unit/School of SCTP's decision.
- The proposal is presented to the Faculty of Medicine General Assembly and to Senate for ratification.
2013/2014 ACADEMIC YEAR
Submission Deadline for BCC
|Monday, 26 August 2013||Tuesday, 3 September 2013||Thursday, 26 September 2013|
|Monday, 23 September 2013||Tuesday, 8 October 2013||Thursday, 14 November 2013|
|Monday, 28 October 2013||Tuesday, 5 November 2013||Thursday, 5 December 2013|
|Monday, 25 November 2013||Tuesday, 3 December 2013||Monday, 20 January 2014||Thursday, 16 January 2014|
|Monday, 16 December 2013||Tuesday, 7 January 2014||Monday, 17 February 2014||Thursday, 30 January 2014|
|Monday, 20 January 2014||Tuesday, 4 February 2014||Monday, 17 March 2013||Thursday, 27 February 2014|
|Monday, 17 February 2014||Tuesday, 4 March 2014||Monday, 14 April 2013||Thursday, 27 March 2014|
|Monday, 17 March 2013||Tuesday, 1 April 2014||Tuesday, 20 May 2014||Thursday, 24 April 2014|
|Monday, 14 April 2013||Tuesday, 29 April 2014||Tuesday, 20 May 2014||Thursday, 8 May 2014|
- Course Proposal/Revision Forms: to be submitted via Minerva and the completed form must be forwarded to gradadmin [dot] med [at] mcgill [dot] ca. Please incude the PRN#.
- Program Proposal/Revision Forms: signed PDF and editable WORD DOCUMENT to be submitted to Mandana Bassiri gradadmin [dot] med [at] mcgill [dot] ca
All proposals must be received by the BCC submission deadline. This allows time for proposals to be given a preliminary review and potential problems resolved.
For more guidance on where to find and how to complete the revision and proposal forms and for documents, please visit: http://www.mcgill.ca/sctp/guidelines
The Biomedical Curriculum Committee of the Faculty of Medicine includes the following dedicated members:
Biomedical Curricullum Committee Members
|Dr. David Ragsdale||Neurology & Neurosurgery||Chair||david [dot] ragsdale [at] mcgill [dot] ca|
|Dr. Daniel Bernard||Pharmacology & Therapeutics||Member||daniel [dot] bernard [at] mcgill [dot] ca|
|Dr. Greg Matlashewski||Microbiology & Immunology||Member||greg [dot] malashewski [at] mcgill [dot] ca|
|Dr. Jay L. Nadeau||Biomedical Engineering||Member||jay [dot] nadeau [at] mcgill [dot] ca|
|Mrs. Norma Ponzoni||Nursing||Member||norma [dot] ponzoni [at] mcgill [dot] ca|
|Dr. Isabelle Rouiller||Anatomy & Cell Biology||Member||isabelle [dot] rouiller [at] mcgill [dot] ca|
|Dr. Ann Wechsler||Physiology||Member||ann [dot] wechsler [at] mcgill [dot] ca|
Faculty contact person: Mandana Bassiri gradadmin [dot] med [at] mcgill [dot] ca
*A special thank you to the Faculty of Science for allowing us to use parts of their Academic Committee website*