More from Medicine News
- psychiatry https://www.mcgill.ca/psychiatry
- med_fac http://www.mcgill.ca/channels
- In the Headlines
- mni https://www.mcgill.ca/channels-contribute
- Medicine Research
- medicine_research https://www.mcgill.ca/medicine
- press_releases https://www.mcgill.ca/newsroom
An international team of researchers has discovered a significant genetic component of Idiopathic Generalized Epilepsy (IGE), the most common form of epilepsy. Epilepsy is a neurological disorder characterized by sudden, uncontrolled electrical discharges in the brain expressed as a seizure.
Congratulations to the award recipients of the 2014 Student Research Day!
Ian Blum, FRSQ Top Presentation Prize, Douglas (supervisor: Dr. Kai-Florian Storch)
A novel neurological mechanism driving rhythms of dopamine release
Lauren Reynolds, Douglas Institute Second Prize, Douglas (supervisor: Dr.