Celebrating the contribution of McGill Faculty of Medicine graduates
Do you know a graduate of one of our professional programs who has made an extraordinary contribution to
- the health care professions
- McGill University
- their local and global communities
The Medicine Alumni Global Awards, launched in 2009 by the Dean's Leadership Council, give you an opportunity to recognize this kind of excellence.
Who is eligible?
Depending on the award category, nominees must be living graduates of one of the following professional programs or Schools:
- MDCM program
- Ingram School of Nursing
- School of Physical & Occupational Therapy
- School of Communication Sciences & Disorders
The Medicine Alumni Global Awards are not open to members of the selection committees, i.e.:
- Members of the Dean's Leadership Council
- Directors of McGill's three allied health schools (Ingram School of Nursing, School of Physical & Occupational Therapy, School of Communication Sciences & Disorders)
What are the categories?
We are seeking nominations for six awards in the following four categories:
- Lifetime Achievement Award (1) – Presented, since 2009, to an MDCM alumnus or alumna who has enhanced the reputation of McGill University through a lifetime of exceptional leadership.
- Community Service Award (1) – Presented, since 2009, to an MDCM alumnus or alumna who has made outstanding contributions to the betterment of our local or global communities.
- Young Alumni Award (1) – Presented, since 2009, to an MDCM alumnus or alumna who, within 15 years of graduation, has made extraordinary contributions to McGill University, fellow alumni or society.
- Alumni Award of Merit (3) – Presented, since 2013, to an alumnus or alumna from each of the three allied health schools who has enhanced the reputation of McGill University and their profession/research discipline through their contributions of exceptional leadership, community service and/or scholarly excellence.
When will the recipients be announced?
Recipients will be announced in the weeks leading up to Homecoming. This year, they will be invited to accept their award in person during Homecoming Weekend at the Medicine Alumni Global Awards luncheon on Friday, October 13, 2017 from 12 to 2 p.m.
What is the nomination deadline?
We will be seeking nominations until Thursday, June 1, 2017.
Am I eligible to make a nomination?
You do not have to be an alumnus or alumna of the Faculty or of McGill University to make a nomination. All nominations are welcome.
Do I need someone to second my nomination?
It is recommended but not required that nominations be seconded.
How do I nominate someone?
For more information
Please contact Mercedes Delacroix at 514-398-5924 or mercedes DOT delacroix AT mcgill DOT ca