Canada's first medical library (1823), originally known as the McGill Faculty of Medicine Library, is transforming. A redesign project has been initiated to better meet the needs of students and faculty, now and into the future.
The space is located in the McIntyre Medical Building, between Dr. Penfield Avenue, promenade Sir-William-Osler, Pine Avenue and Peel.
Opened in 1929, the Osler Library is the largest history of medicine library in Canada, combining an extensive collection of rare books and primary historical material with secondary literature about the history of medicine and related fields. Many photos and prints from Sir William Osler's life and medical education have been chronicled in The William Osler Photo Collection and The Osler Library Prints Collection.
McGill University Affiliated Health Sciences Library Consortium
Founded in the early 1990's, the McGill Affiliated Health Sciences Library Consortium facilitates cooperation between member libraries. It provides access to information on patient care, education and research mandates of its member institutions.
The affiliated hospital libraries include the:
Glen Site Medical Library - McConnell Resource Centre (Books from Montreal Children's & Royal Victoria)
St. Mary's Hospital Center
The Redpath Museum is an academic unit of McGill University filled with extensive collections in the fields of paleontology, zoology, mineralogy and world cultures (ethnology).
Completed in 1882, it originally housed the collections of Sir William Dawson, the then Principal of McGill. It also has several research labs and a Victorian teaching auditorium.