Non-Traditional Pathway Applicants who are Residents of Québec
Category Code = MD-ROQ-N
Applicants must meet the following criteria in order to apply to the Non-Traditional Pathway:
- Québec residency status fully established by the application deadline (November 1);
- Hold a complete undergraduate (Bachelor's) degree by July 31 of the entering year of medicine per the educational requirements WITH THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTION:
- the undergraduate degree used as the basis of admission may have been completed on a part-time basis.
- Is not eligible to apply in any other applicant category;
- Meets all other admission requirements and conditions for medical programs WITH THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTIONS
- NTP applicants may apply for admission with partially complete and/or out-of-date (more than eight years from the date of application) basic science prerequisites. 'Partially complete' means a minimum of 3 of the required prerequisite courses. Any or all of these 3 could be out of date).
- NOTE: Applicants with no basic science prerequisites whatsoever will not be considered.
NTP Qualifying Year
NEW! ► Successful NTP applicants will be admitted to a Qualifying Year to be undertaken chiefly in the Faculty of Science. NTP students in the Qualifying Year must maintain a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.5, with no grades lower than a B- in order to continue on into the 4-year M.D.,C.M. program.
The following dates are for the Fall 2014 entry and are subject to change without notice. There is no winter or summer entry.
- Application deadline: November 1, 2013
- Submission deadline: November 6, 2013
- Target date for sending preliminary selections: February 24, 2014
- Interview dates: March 24, 25, 26, 2014*
Related ► For more important dates, see http://www.mcgill.ca/importantdates/
Key Numbers & Statistics
- Anticipated number of seats available for Fall 2014: 3-5
The following figures are for the Fall 2012 entry:
- Number of applicants: 82
- Number of interviewed candidates: 13
- Lowest GPA of interviewed candidates: 3.14
- Average GPA of interviewed candidates: 3.59
- Non-Traditional Pathways applicants with a degree grade point average (DegGPA) of 3.2 or greater (on 4.0) are considered to be within the competitive range. DegGPAs below 3.0 are considered only exceptionally.
- This category is intended for applicants who might not have a very competitive academic dossier but have above-average non-academic (e.g. work, extracurriculuar, "life") experiences.