Category Code: MD-ROQ-IMG
To be eligible, applicants must hold a medical degree from an accredited medical school recognized by the World Health Organization, must complete the Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Exam (MCCEE), must provide a Medical Student Performance Report or Evaluation ("Dean's Letter") from their medical school, and proof of English or French proficiency. For more details on the program and its requirements, go to M.D.,C.M. for IMG.
The following dates are for the spring 2017 entry and are subject to change without notice. There is no winter or summer intake.
- Application opening date: September 1, 2016
- Application deadline (step 1): November 1, 2016
- Deadline for the receipt of all supporting documents (step 2): November 1, 2016
- Target date for sending preliminary selections: February 3, 2017
- Interview dates: March 20-23, 2017
- Start of program: around the first of April-May 2017 (exact date TBD)
Related ► For more important dates, see http://www.mcgill.ca/importantdates/
Key numbers and statistics
- Anticipated number of seats available for spring 2017: 2
The following is presented as reference only. It does not offer any predictive validity:
- Average number of applicants: 20
- Average number of interviewed candidates: 8
- Average number of points above passing grade of MCCEE score of candidates invited to interview: 50
- *The interview dates presented are shared with other Québec residents, Canadian (non-QC) residents and international applicants.
- It is recommended that applicants submit MCCEE scores by the November 1 application deadline, however test scores for the September sitting of the examination will be accepted until the middle of November.
- Some candidates may have acquired an Évaluation comparative des études effectuées hors du Québec report from Immigration et communautés culturelles du Québec. Candidates who have this evaluation are welcome to submit the documentation, but it is not necessary.
- Applications submitted in this category are only considered for the given year and cannot be extended for additional years.
- IMG applicants are not eligible to apply to the joint MDCM-PhD and MDCM-MBA programs.