Category code : MD-ROQ-C
A candidate is eligible to apply in this category if he or she (a) is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, (b) can establish Quebec residency by the appropriate deadline, (c) will have obtained, by July 31 of the entering year of medicine, a diploma of collegial studies (DEC) from Québec in an approved program and (d) adheres to all other program requirements.
As per the MCAT policy, candidates applying in this category are not required to submit an MCAT score.
An applicant who meets the above criteria is eligible to apply to the preparatory program (Med-P).
Related ► For details on admission requirements, please see : Admission requirements for the Med-P program.
The following dates are for the Fall 2017 entry and are subject to change without notice. There is no winter or summer intake.
- Applications open: September 1, 2016
- Application deadline (step 1): March 1, 2017
- Deadline to submit all supporting documents (step 2): March 1, 2017
- Target date for sending preliminary selections: TBD
- Interview dates : April 19-21, 2017
Related ► For more important dates, see http://www.mcgill.ca/importantdates/
Key numbers and statistics
- Anticipated number of seats available for Fall 2017: 75
The following is presented as reference only. It does not offer any predictive validity:
- Average number of applicants: 792
- Average number of interviewed candidates: 282
- Average R Score (CRC) of interviewed candidates: 35.32
- Applicants should have a CRC score above 33.5 in order to be considered competitive. Candidates with a CRC score below 32.0 will only be considered in exceptional circumstances. Priority is given to those with higher CRC scores.
- Interviews are by invitation-only. Selected candidates will be informed of an interview by email and attendance in person is mandatory. No alternate interview dates are provided. Interviews can take place in either English or French and a candidate must specify their language of choice in the application (step 1).