Category Code: MD-ROQ-U
An applicant is eligible to apply as a member of this category if he or she (a) has their status of Québec residency fully established (not provisionally) by the application deadline (see 'Key Dates' below), (b) will have obtained, by July 31 of the entering year of medicine, an undergraduate (Bachelor's) degree for admission as per the Degree requirements and (c) adheres to all other general and educational requirements.
As per the MCAT Policy, applicants in this category have the option to submit MCAT results if the degree used for the basis of admission is from Canada.
Applicants in this category can apply to the M.D.,C.M., M.D.,C.M. & M.B.A. or M.D.,C.M. & Ph.D. program. Because all three programs have M.D.,C.M. as their foundation, applicants need only submit one application to their preferred program. There is no quota for combined-program applications.
The following dates are for the Fall 2015 entry and are subject to change without notice. There is no winter or summer intake.
- Application opening date: September 1, 2014
- Application deadline: November 1, 2014
- Deadline for the receipt of all supporting documents: November 1, 2014
- Target date for sending preliminary selections: January 20, 2015
- Interview dates: February 16,17,18,19, 2015
Related ► For more important dates, see http://www.mcgill.ca/importantdates/
Key numbers and statistics
- Anticipated number of seats available for Fall 2015: 91
The following is presented as reference only. It does not offer any predictive validity:
- Average number of applicants: 792
- Average number of interviewed candidates: 214
- Average GPA of interviewed candidates: 3.78
- Grade point averages (DegGPA) of 3.5 or greater are considered to be within the competitive range. DegGPAs below 3.2 are considered in exceptional circumstances.
- For those who choose to submit MCAT results, it is expected that the result sets used for admission in the biological sciences (BS) and the physical sciences (PS) subset scores be no lower than ten (10) and that the verbal reasoning score be no less than nine (9).
- Of those who chose to submit their MCAT results for the review of their application, the approximate average of the overall MCAT score was 33.