Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada who are not Québec residents
Category Code: MD-CDN
An applicant is eligible to apply as a member of this category if he or she (a) is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada who is not a resident of Québec, (b) will have obtained, before July 31 of the entering year of medicine, an undergraduate (Bachelor's) degree for admission as per the Degree requirements and (c) and adheres to all other general and educational requirements.
As per the MCAT Policy, applicants of this category have the option to submit MCAT results if the degree used for the basis of admission is from Canada.
Applicants in this category can apply to the M.D.,C.M., M.D.,C.M. & M.B.A. or M.D.,C.M. & Ph.D. programs. Because all three programs have M.D.,C.M. as a foundation, applicants need only submit one application to their preferred program. There is no quota for joint program applications.
The following dates are for the Fall 2014 entry and are subject to change without notice. There is no admission for winter or summer sessions.
- Application deadline: November 1, 2013
- Submission deadline: November 6, 2013
- Target date for sending preliminary selections: February 10, 2014
- Interview dates: March 24, 25 & 26, 2014
Related ► For more important dates, see http://www.mcgill.ca/importantdates/
Key numbers and statistics
- Anticipated number of seats available for Fall 2014: 10-11
The following is presented as reference only. It does not offer any predictive validity.
Fall 2012 Entry
- Number of applicants: 790
- Number of interviewed candidates: 50 (1:15.8)
- Lowest DegGPA of interviewed candidates: 3.54
- Average DegGPA of interviewed candidates: 3.94
- Number of admitted & enrolled: 12
Fall 2011 Entry
- Number of applicants: 923
- Number of interviewed candidates: 27 (1:34.2)
- Lowest DegGPA of interviewed candidates: 3.51
- Average DegGPA of interviewed candidates: 3.93
- Number of admitted & enrolled: 10
Fall 2010 Entry
- Number of applicants: 599
- Number of interviewed candidates: 30 (1:20.0)
- Lowest DegGPA of interviewed candidates: 3.64
- Average DegGPA of interviewed candidates: 3.92
- Number of admitted & enrolled: 9
- Applicants should have a degree grade point average (DegGPA) of 3.8 or greater to be considered competitive. A DegGPA below 3.5 will only be considered in exceptional circumstances. Priority is given to those with higher DegGPAs.
- For those who choose to submit MCAT results, it is expected that for the result set used for admission the biological sciences (BS) and the physical sciences (PS) subset scores be no lower than ten (10) and that the verbal reasoning score be no less than nine (9).
- In recent years, of those submit their MCAT results for review, the average of the overall MCAT score was approximately 35.
- *Interview sessions will be shared among International and In-Province (University-Level) Quebec applicants.