University Services at McGill
University Services provides infrastructure services to the McGill community.
- Facilities Operations' maintains building operations and ensures that all of McGill's hydro needs are well served.
- Ancillary Services provide the University's commercial and certain support service operations ;
- University Safety provides educational, technical, advisory and operational support to protect the environment and promote a safe and healthy workplace.
Faculty of Medicine - Requests for change in space or infrastructure needs for teaching or research, and assessment of space needs regarding the housing and operation of new equipment.
1) For ALL Faculty of Medicine requests for new or changes to campus based research or teaching space, the Campus Space Request Form (.docx) must be completed as appropriate and submitted to Christian Ilantzis (christian.ilantzis [at] mcgill.ca) in the Faculty “Research” office, room 637 McIntyre Medical Building.
2) For CFI applications or in cases where new infrastructure/equipment is to be housed and operated on Campus, the Campus Research Equipment Space Needs Assessment Form (RESNAF) (.docx), must be completed as appropriate and submitted to Christian Ilantzis (christian.ilantzis [at] mcgill.ca) in the Faculty “Research” office, room 637 McIntyre Medical Building.
For CFI applications (JELF, LEF, NIF, or Innovation Fund), once all the necessary signatures (as specified on the form) have been obtained, the form is to be forwarded to the Institutional Strategic Initiatives (OSR ISI) team.
3) For CFI applications for Affiliated Hospitals please contact your local Hospital/Institute Technical Services for instructions and use the form Affiliates CFI RESNAF Research Equipment Space Needs Assessment Form (.docx)
Please consult with your Hospital/Institute Technical Services contact for help in completing this form and be sure to provide them with a completed and duly signed copy. Your Technical Services contact can verify (with the aid of this form) whether renovations are needed or not and if needed, can help you obtain the necessary estimate.
The Director of the Institute along with the Department Chair, must sign off on the completed form confirming that the space, as required, is approved and available.
Copies of the completed form should be submitted to:
- The Office of Sponsored Research, specifically to the Institutional Strategic Initiatives (OSR ISI team)
- Christian Ilantzis (christian.ilantzis [at] mcgill.ca) in the Faculty “Research” office, room 637 McIntyre Medical Building
- Your Hospital/Institute Technical Services group.
The Technical Services contact person for the Douglas Institute’s Research Centre is:
Directeur des services techniques
Direction des services techniques et de l'immobilier
Pavillon Dobell [B-0112]
6875 boul. LaSalle,
Montréal (Québec) H4H 1R3
T: 514 761-6131, poste: 2713
B: 514 567-3313
F: 514 762-3038
The Technical Services contact persons for the Jewish General Hospital are:
Directeur adjoint - services techniques
Tel : (514) 340-8222 Ext 3962
gbendavi [at] ts.jgh.mcgill.ca
Chef, Secteur Maintenance
Tel: (514) 340-8222 Ext. 5870
jshapiro [at] ts.jgh.mcgill.ca
The Technical Services contact person for the MUHC is:
Susan James, MBA
CFI Project Manager
susan.james [at] mail.mcgill.ca
Note: these forms (the RESNAFS) are needed to confirm that the space as required is available and approved for a CFI application, and if applicable, to help coordinate and facilitate any associated planned renovations, and/or to determine whether renovations will be needed to house and operate any of the CFI requested equipment.