Graduate Admissions and Scholarship Director
Ph.D. Stanford University
M.S. Stanford University
B.Sc. University of Kansas
MacDonald Engineering Building, Rm 159, Map
sivakumaran [dot] nadarajah [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Email)
My primary research interests concentrates on the development of numerical methods for the analysis and design of aerospace systems. The research focuses on the following topics: - Advanced Numerical Techniques for Computational Fluid Dynamics - Mathematical Techniques for Automatic Aerodynamic Shape Optimization - High-Performance Parallel Computing For more information see "Research projects" in the menu at the left.
Current Research Projects
- Remote Inverse Adjoint Algorithm for Sonic Boom Reduction
- Formulation of Algorithms for the Design of Aerodynamics Shapes for Unsteady Flows (Helicopter Rotors, Wind Turbines, Engine Compressor and Turbine Blades)
- Multidisciplinary Optimization of Aircraft
- High-Performance Computing
- Detached-Eddy Simulation
Most Significant Publications
- Cagnone, JS; Vermier, B, and Nadarajah, S, “A p-Adaptive Scheme for the Lifting Collocation Penalty Formulation for Viscous Flows.”, Journal of Computational Physics, Elsevier, October 2012, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jcp.2012.08.053.
- Walther, B and Nadarajah, S, “Constrained Adjoint-Based Aerodynamic Shape Optimization of a Single-Stage Transonic Compressor”, ASME Journal of Turbomachinery, DOI: 10.1115/1.4007502, July 2012.
- Cagnone, JS and Nadarajah, S, “A Stable Interface Element Scheme for the p-Adaptive Lifting Collocation Penalty Formulation”, Journal of Computational Physics, Elsevier, 231(4):1615-1634, February, 2012.
- Tatossian, C, Nadarajah, S and Castonguay, P, “Aerodynamic Shape Optimization of Hovering Rotor Blades using a Non-Linear Frequency Domain Approach”, Computers and Fluids, Elsevier, 51:1-15, 2011.
- Nadarajah, S, and Tatossian, C, "Multi-Objective Aerodynamic Shape Optimization for Unsteady Viscous Flows", Journal of Optimization and Engineering, Volume 11, Issue 1 January 2010, Springer.
- Mohamed, K, Nadarajah, S, and Paraschivoiu, M, "Simulation of a Wing Tip Vortex at Static and Dynamic Stall Conditions with a DES Method", AIAA Journal of Aircraft, Vol. 46, No. 4, August 2009.
- Cagnone, JS and Nadarajah, S, "An Implicit Non-Linear Frequency Domain-Spectral Difference Scheme for Periodic Euler Flow", AIAA Journal, Vol .47, No.2, February 2009.
- Kachra, F and Nadarajah, S, "Aeroelastic Solutions Using the Non-Linear Frequency Domain Method", AIAA Journal, Vol .46, No.9, September 2008.
- Nadarajah, S and Jameson, A, "Optimum Shape Design for Unsteady Flows with a Time Accurate Continuous and Discrete Adjoint Method", AIAA Journal, Vol.45, No.7, pp 1478-1491, 2007.
- Nadarajah, S, and Jameson, A, "Optimum Shape Design for Unsteady Three-Dimensional Viscous Flows using a Non-Linear Frequency Domain Method", AIAA Journal of Aircraft, Vol.44, No. 5, pp 1513-1527, 2007.
MECH 289 Design Graphics
MECH 331 Fluid Mechanics 1
MECH 539 Computational Aerodynamics
MECH 579 Multidisciplinary Design Optim
MECH 501 Special Topics:Mechanical Eng
MECH 609 Seminar