Ph.D. Hungarian Academy of Sciences
M.Sc. University of Miskolc
Macdonald Engineering Building, Rm 158 Map
jozsef [dot] kovecses [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Email)
Dynamics: computational methods, simulation and analysis of multibody and mechatronic systems, dynamics of interacting mechanical systems Robotics: modeling, analysis and design of space robotic systems and operations, dynamics and identification of robots
Current Research Projects
- Contact Dynamics in Mechanical Systems: Modeling, Analysis and Design
- Computational Techniques for Dynamics Simulations of Multibody Systems with Applications to Space Robotics
- Dynamics Identification of Mechanical Systems
- Force Control in Robotic Systems
- Applications of Dynamics in Biomechanical and Manufacturing Systems
Most Significant Publications
- Kövecses, J., Ebrahimi, S.: "Parameter Analysis and Normalization for the Dynamics and Design of Multibody Systems". ASME Journal of Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics, Accepted for publication, November 2008.
- Kövecses, J. and Font, J.M.: "An Eigenvalue Problem for the Analysis of Variable Topology Mechanical Systems". ASME Journal of Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics, Accepted for publication, September 2008.
- Kövecses, J.: "Dynamics of Mechanical Systems and the Generalized Free-Body Diagram, Part I: General Formulation". ASME Journal of Applied Mechanics, Vol. 75, 061012 pp. 1-12, 2008.
MECH 314 Dynamics of Mechanisms
MECH 642 Advanced Dynamics