Ph.D. University of Toronto
B.ASc. University of Toronto
Macdonald Engineering Building, Rm 148 Map
514-398-1711 [office]514-398-7365 [Fax]
inna [dot] sharf [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Email)
Unmanned aerial vehicles: dynamics, navigation and control of small UAVs (quadrotors, indoor airships) Multibody systems: contact dynamics, modeling, simulation, parameter identification. Dynamics, control and motion planning of mechatronic systems: legged robots, space robotic systems. Computational mechanics: contact mechanics, finite elements analysis.
Current Research Projects
- Design, Navigation, and Control of Small Airships for Surveillance Applications
- Dynamic Maneuvers in Quadrapedal Robots and Animals
- Force and Motion Control for Robotic Satellite Capture
- Reactionless Path Planning for Space Robotic Systems
Most Significant Publications
- Sharf, I., A. Wolf and MB Rubin, "Arithmetic and Geometric Solutions for Average Rigid-body Rotation," Mechanism and Machine Theory, Vol. 45, No. 9, pp. 1239-1251, 2010.
- Smith, J.A., I. Poulakakis, M. Trentini and I. Sharf, "Bounding with Active Wheels and Liftoff Angle Velocity Adjustment," International Journal of Robotics Research, Vol. 29, No. 4, pp. 414-427, 2010.
- Verscheure, D., I. Sharf, H. Bruyninckx, J. Swevers and J. De Schutter, "Identification of Contact Dynamics Parameters from Stiff Multi-point Contact Robotic Operations," International Journal of Robotics Research, Vol. 29, No. 4, pp. 367-385, 2010.
MECH 210 Mechanics 1
MECH 220 Mechanics 2
MECH 403D1 Thesis (Honours)
MECH 403D2 Thesis (Honours)
MECH 404 Honours Thesis 2
MECH 412 System Dynamics and Control
MECH 513 Control Systems
MECH 546 FEM in Solid Mechanics
MECH 572 Introduction to Robotics