Members of the laboratory
- chemical fume hood
- biological safety cabinet Class II type 2
- ultra-temperature freezer for -80°C model Haier
- laboratory fridge for -20°C and 4°C
- autopsy table
- ultrasonic cleaner model 2510
- centrifuge mixer model MiniSpin
- test tube rocker
- magnet mixer
- high-precision electronic balance
- mechanical vortex mixer
- Fluid-structure interactions within the human larynx
- Biomechanics of voice production (CIHR)
- Design, construction and evaluation of implants for vocal fold alteration and reconstruction (NIH)
- Hybrid model of vocal fold inflammation and tissue mobilization (NIH)
Suh, J., Frankel, S. H., Mongeau, L., and Plesniak, M. W., “Compressible Large Eddy Simulations of Wall-bounded Turbulent Flows using a Semi-Implicit Numerical Scheme for Low Mach Number Aeroacoustics,” J. Comput. Phys., 215, 526-551, 2006.
Feist, J.P., Bernhard, R.J., and Mongeau, L.G., “Estimation of Speech Intelligibility for Road Traffic Tollbooth Attendants using Active Noise Control and Directional Microphones,” Noise Control Eng. J., 54, 177-186, 2006.
Zañartu, M., Mongeau, L. and Wodicka, G. R., “Modeling the influence of acoustic loading on laryngeal self-sustained oscillations,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am., 121 (2), 1119-1129, 2007.
Park, J.B. and Mongeau, L., “Instantaneous orifice discharge coefficient of a physical, driven model of the human larynx,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am., 121, 442-455, 2007.
Cook, D.D., and Mongeau, L., “Sensitivity of a continuum vocal fold model to geometric parameters, constraints, and boundary conditions,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am., Vol. 121, No. 4, pp. 2247-2253, 2007.
Paek, I., Braun, J.E., and Mongeau, L., “Evaluation of standing-wave thermoacoustic cycles for cooling applications,” Int. J. Refrigeration, Vol. 30, No. 6, pp. 1059-1071, 2007.
Thomson, S.L., Mongeau, L., and Frankel, S.H., “Flow over a membrane-covered, fluid-filled cavity,” Computers and Structures, Vol. 85, No. 11, pp. 1012-1019, 2007.
Singh, K., Mongeau, L., Frankel, S., and Gore, J., “Effect of Co- and Counter-Swirl on Noise Emissions from Swirling Non-reacting Flows and Flames,” AIAA Journal, Vol. 45, No. 3, pp. 651-661, 2007.
Spencer, M., Siegmund, T., and Mongeau, L., “Determination of contact pressure and superior surface strains and stresses using a synthetic larynx model and digital image correlation,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am., Vol. 123, No. 2, pp. 1089-1113, 2008.