While most rules, policies and procedures governing graduate studies at McGill University are determined by Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, the Department of Mechanical Engineering maintains its own policies and procedures, which are provided below. These policies and procedures are administered by the Graduate Program Coordinator (GPC), Associate Chair of Graduate Student Affairs, and Graduate Administration Committee (GAC).
- Transfer from MEng (Non-Thesis) to MEng (Thesis)
- Transfer from MEng (Thesis) to MEng (Non-Thesis)
- Changing from MEng to PhD
- Required Courses
- Final Defense: Setup and Conduct
- Sample Timeline
- Full-Time and Additional Sessions
- Time Limitation
- Part- and Half-Time Status
- Leave of Absence
In addition to the departmental policies and procedures provided above, current graduate students should consult the Graduate Student Handbook for useful information related to registration, mail, photocopying, desk assignment and University services.