If you are ready to apply for Undergraduate Studies, please follow the steps below and ensure that you have fulfilled all of the requirements detailed in the checklist.
Application for Admission to McGill University - Special Procedure
To apply for The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, you must submit an online application for admission to McGill University. The online application can be found at www.mcgill.ca/applying/apply.
Because undergraduate applicants to The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program do not have to pay the $103.12 application fee, you must follow a special application procedure. You will find detailed instructions on this special procedure, and complete information about applying to McGill as a MasterCard Foundation Scholar, in The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program Application Form ( pdf).
The deadline for your application for admission to McGill University is December 10, 2016, and all supporting documents must be received by January 5, 2017.
Please note that the below mentioned programs are not eligible for The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program funding:
- Farm Management,
- Physical and Occupational Therapy,
- Music, and
- Programs from the School of Continuing Studies.
Additional Documents for Application to The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program
In addition to the documents and information that are required for all applications for admission to McGill University, you must include the three forms below to apply to The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program. You will find instructions on completing these forms in
Checklist of Documents and Forms for your Application
Once you have completed the application process, you will be able to answer YES to all of the statements below:
- I have completed all fields in the online application.
- I have saved my 16-digit Order Number.
- I have sent an email to MCF-scholars [at] mcgill [dot] ca with my Order Number in the subject line and my Identification Form ( pdf) as an attachment.
- I have uploaded the following documents into Minerva:
- All of my high school transcripts covering the last three years of study and all my external exam results (if applicable). These documents are all submitted together as one pdf file;
- My proof of English language proficiency (or an acceptable alternative);
- A summary of my full-time activities since high school graduation (if applicable);
- The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program Application Form ( pdf);
- mcfsp_validation_of_financial_status_form_2017.docx ( pdf); and
- Recommendation Form ( pdf).