Thank you for your interest in The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program. The application period is now closed.
Applications for studies starting in the 2017-2018 academic year will begin in September.
Eligibility Criteria for The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program
- You must qualify academically for admission to McGill University. Please note that admission is competitive; see Admissions Guide.
- You must be a first-time applicant to university (transfer applicants are not eligible).
- You must be a resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country. French-speaking applicants are welcome (see List of Eligible Countries
- You must have an exceptional record of service and activity in your school and/or community.
- You must have the potential for meaningful future service to your community as a leader engaged in dynamic local and global social change.
- Your financial status must be in the lowest two quintiles of your country.
Please note that only four scholarships will be available for Masters’ students in 2016-2017. Potential candidates will be invited to apply.
Admission to McGill University
The following pages will provide you with details on the academic requirements needed for admission to undergraduate programs at McGill. When you are ready to apply, please click the How to Apply link below to complete the application. In order to be considered for The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, you must follow the special application procedures as described on the How to Apply page.
- Admissions Guide
- General Admission and Documentation Requirements for All Applicants
- Applicants from high schools outside Canada and the U.S.A.
- Admission standards for previous years
Acceptance to The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program
- You must demonstrate an exceptional record of service and leadership in your school and/or your community. This may include organizing youth programs, assuming leadership roles in school activities, participating in clubs and teams, taking on responsibilities at home, advocacy and/or volunteering in your community.
- You must be committed to returning to Africa after graduation to continue to give back to your community and country.
- You must be from a low-income background. Your financial status will be verified.