Copyright Jane Logan, (Jane Logan Consulting) janelogan [at] magma [dot] ca
1. Hark, what did the angelic hosts proclaim?
2. How many las in a line of "Deck the Halls"?
3. Who made "White Christmas" famous?
4. How many swans a'swimming?
5. How many lords a leaping?
6. Who had a blue Christmas?
7. Who played Santa in The Santa Clause?
8. In what town was Jesus born? Do you know a second name for it, after the king?
9. What gifts did the three kings offer to Jesus?
10. Bonus point: spell the gift starting with "M"
11. Where is the story of Jesus' birth found in the Bible?
12. What are the four Sundays before Christmas?
13. Who appeared to the shepherds?
Christmas around the world
14. What are other names for Santa Claus? (one point each)
15. What is the country of origin of the poinsettia?
16. How do you say "Merry Christmas" in Spanish?
- Oye Como Va
- Adeste Fideles
- Feliz Navidad
True or False?
17. In Holland people believe Santa Claus is accompanied by Black Peter, who punishes bad children.
18. Prince Albert gave Queen Victoria the first Christmas tree in England in 1841.
19. Italians traditionally leave pizza, spaghetti and a bottle of chianti for Santa's reindeer.
20. In Russia, Christmas festivities may include a 12-course dinner on Christmas eve, including beet soup. The 12 courses represent the 12 days of Christmas.
21. In Quebec, many French Canadians attend midnight mass and hold a "referendum" afterwards, during which they eat a meat pie known as tourtiere.
22. In Guatemala, a special feast is prepared for mice on Christmas Eve, since they are the humblest of God's creatures. It features mozzarella.
23. In Germany, St. Nicholas' Day is celebrated on December 6.
24. At the beginning of the Christmas season in Sweden, girls dress in red and white and wear crowns of greenery and candles in honour of Saint Lucia, a Christian martyr.
25. Wassail is a medieval drink made of gin and tonic associated with Christmas carolling.
26. In Germany, many people hang a pickle in their Christmas tree. The first family member to find it gets an extra gift.
The Grinch who Stole Christmas
27. Who is the author of this book?
28. Which actor plays the Grinch in the new movie?
29. What town does it take place in?
The Night Before Christmas
30. What visions danced in the children's heads?
31. What did the author and his wife wear on their heads?
32. What are the names of Santa's reindeer?
33. What is the last line of this memorable poem?
A Christmas Carol
34. Who wrote this story?
35. What was Mr. Scrooge's first name?
36. What expression regarding Christmas is Scrooge known for?
37. Name the Crachits
38. Who says "Give like Santa, save like Scrooge?"