Built in 1968, the Centennial Centre is occupied by a wide variety of student organizations, services and facilities, including the MacDonald Campus Students' Society, Student Health Services, and modern Food and Nutrition labs. It also houses the Lyman Entomological Museum, whose insect collection consists of over 2.8 million specimens, making it the largest university insect collection in the country.
Constructed in 1971, this building's many tiered levels and brick facing allow it to blend in with the older mansions surrounding it despite its modern style.
This former Four-Points Hotel is the newest addition to the McGill Residences Family, housing over 250 undergraduate students in double rooms.
The construction of the McConnell Engineering Building in 1959 doubled the space available to the Faculty of Engineering, which had greatly expanded in the years following World War II. The building, named after John W. McConnell, provides a connection to the other Engineering buildings, creating a complete, joined circuit for the Faculty and its schools.
The Arts Building, with its cupola and flag pole, is the signature building of the Faculty of Arts and McGill's downtown campus. The building dates from 1837, when McGill's Board of Governors decided to erect the first new buildings on campus.
This elegant limestone mansion, formerly a private residence, has served as home to the Post-Graduate Students¿ Society since it was purchased by McGill in 1968. The interior is divided into many small but inviting rooms which are graced with carved wooden details, moulded plaster ceilings, and ornate fireplaces. It features a restaurant and a distinctive wood paneled bar.
Named after the original home of James McGill, Burnside Hall was constructed for the Faculty of Science in 1970. An underground tunnel system connects it to additional Science and Engineering buildings.
Built in 1965, the Centre was designed to accommodate all the offices and meeting rooms needed by the Students' Society of McGill University (SSMU) and McGill's vast assortment of social and cultural clubs. Known to students as the Shatner Building, it is three times the size of the old Student Union Building, which now houses the McCord Museum.
Bishop Mountain Hall, named after McGill's first principal, is the dining building in the centre of the upper residences, three residence halls located at the foot of Mount Royal Park. Its circular shape was chosen so that the kitchen could be located in the core of the building while the outer rim of the second floor could be used as a large eating area.
Named after one of the University's first Chancellors, this 19th-century French Château style mansion was designed by Bruce Price, an American architect famous for his work on the Château Frontenac in Quebec City.