The 1990 renovations of this undergraduate residence, a former chocolate factory, earned Solin the prestigious Orange Prize. It is now outfitted for apartment-style student living and features large common areas, high ceilings, and generous windows that flood its interior with light.
Bishop Mountain Hall, named after McGill's first principal, is the dining building in the centre of the upper residences, three residence halls located at the foot of Mount Royal Park. Its circular shape was chosen so that the kitchen could be located in the core of the building while the outer rim of the second floor could be used as a large eating area.
Built in 1962, Molson Hall is one of three residence halls located in MacDonald Park, a parcel of land on Mount Royal donated to McGill by Sir William Macdonald. These halls are commonly called the upper residences.
This co-ed residence, mainly intended for first-year students, features furnished rooms and a communal kitchen on every floor,
This former Four-Points Hotel is the newest addition to the McGill Residences Family, housing over 250 undergraduate students in double rooms.
Beautiful Mount Royal Park provides the backdrop for McConnell Hall. This residence for undergraduates is part of the Bishop Mountain Residences complex, and is located just north of McGill's downtown campus.
Built in 1936, Douglas Hall was originally an all-men's residence for graduate students. While this residence is now co-ed, the structure itself remains unchanged from its original conception.
Built in 1976, this former hotel is the newest of McGill's residences and houses over 600 students on 12 floors. It is attached to an underground shopping centre, and conveniently located near many of area amenities, including McGill's athletics facilities.