In 1971, Samuel Bronfman donated this building to McGill to house the newly opened Desautels Faculty of Management. In 2004, renovations to the main floor were completed, including the addition of a steel and granite canopy over the outside entrance.
Inaugurated in 1921, the museum is named after renowned Montreal collector David Ross McCord, who bequeathed his extensive collection Canadian artifacts to open a national history museum in Montreal. Although once housed in an old mansion on campus, this Montreal institution at has inhabited its current location, the former Students' Union building, since 1971 with major renovations taking place in 1991.
Inaugurated in 2004, this building was named after Lorne Trottier, winner of the Prix Lionel-Boulet for leadership in scientific advancement, who donated $10 million towards the its construction. It is a recent addition to McGill's Tech Square.