Quick Links

Food Services

Currie Gymnasium

Built in 1939, this addition to the McGill Sports Complex was named after Sir Arthur Currie, principal of McGill from 1920 to 1933. In 1947, the gym was extended and the Garfield-Weston pool and Memorial Hall were installed. In 1994, the Tomlinson Fieldhouse was constructed, adding significant additional space to the complex, including a new track and pool.

Address: 
475 avenue des Pins Ouest
Montreal, QC H2W 1S4
Canada

Stewart Biology Building

Constructed in 1965, the Stewart Biology building's highlights include two large theatres that seat 300 and 150 students respectively and the Phytotron, a large conservatory where plants are housed for study.

Address: 
1205 avenue du Docteur-Penfield
Montreal, QC H3A 1B1
Canada

Faculty Club

In 1935 McGill's Faculty Club moved to its present location in the Baumgarten House, former home of Sir Arthur Currie. The facilities include an impressive ballroom that features several chandeliers, marble columns, a floor built on springs to give a boost to dancers' feet, and a minstrel's gallery suspended from the ceiling with brass cords.

Address: 
3450 rue McTavish
Montreal, QC H3A 0E5
Canada

Royal Victoria Hospital

Address: 
687 avenue des Pins
Montreal, QC H3A 1A1
Canada

McIntyre Medical Building

Built in 1965, the McIntyre Medical Building is easily recognizable due to its circular shape. It has a connecting bridge to the Stewart Biology Building and a link to the Life Sciences Complex.

Address: 
3655 promenade Sir William Osler
Montreal, QC H3G 1Y6
Canada

Duff Medical Building

The Lyman Duff Medical Building was built in the 1920's, with a new wing added in the 1960's to provide much-needed additional space for the now-defunct Pathological Institute. Today, the building houses modern labs and facilities for several departments, including the Sheldon Biotechnology Centre located in its Gatehouse.

Address: 
3775 rue University
Montreal, QC H3A 2B4
Canada

Penfield 740 (Genome)

The Genome Building at 740 Dr. Penfield Ave was built in 2003. At over 100,000 square feet, its construction addressed the critical demand for modern and cross-disciplinary research space.

Address: 
740 avenue du Docteur-Penfield
Montreal, QC H3A 0G1
Canada

Redpath Library Building

Considered one of the most innovative libraries in existence at the time of its construction in 1893, the library's design by architect Sir Arthur Taylor used steel book stacks and glass floors to make the building fireproof. There is a considerable amount of ornament about this Richardsonian Romanesque building, including gargoyles, arches, stained glass and the Redpath crest, an ostrich holding a key.

Address: 
3459 rue McTavish
Montreal, QC H3A 0C9
Canada

New Residence Hall

Built in 1976, this former hotel is the newest of McGill's residences and houses over 600 students on 12 floors. It is attached to an underground shopping centre, and conveniently located near many of area amenities, including McGill's athletics facilities.

Address: 
3625 avenue du Parc
Montreal, QC H2X 3P8
Canada

Douglas Hall

Built in 1936, Douglas Hall was originally an all-men's residence for graduate students. While this residence is now co-ed, the structure itself remains unchanged from its original conception.

Address: 
3851 rue University
Montreal, QC H3A 2B4
Canada

Pages