Built in 1939, this addition to the McGill Sports Complex was named after Sir Arthur Currie, principal of McGill from 1920 to 1933. In 1947, the gym was extended and the Garfield-Weston pool and Memorial Hall were installed. In 1994, the Tomlinson Fieldhouse was constructed, adding significant additional space to the complex, including a new track and pool.
Constructed in 1965, the Stewart Biology building's highlights include two large theatres that seat 300 and 150 students respectively and the Phytotron, a large conservatory where plants are housed for study.
In 1935 McGill's Faculty Club moved to its present location in the Baumgarten House, former home of Sir Arthur Currie. The facilities include an impressive ballroom that features several chandeliers, marble columns, a floor built on springs to give a boost to dancers' feet, and a minstrel's gallery suspended from the ceiling with brass cords.
Built in 1965, the McIntyre Medical Building is easily recognizable due to its circular shape. It has a connecting bridge to the Stewart Biology Building and a link to the Life Sciences Complex.
The Lyman Duff Medical Building was built in the 1920's, with a new wing added in the 1960's to provide much-needed additional space for the now-defunct Pathological Institute. Today, the building houses modern labs and facilities for several departments, including the Sheldon Biotechnology Centre located in its Gatehouse.
The Genome Building at 740 Dr. Penfield Ave was built in 2003. At over 100,000 square feet, its construction addressed the critical demand for modern and cross-disciplinary research space.
Considered one of the most innovative libraries in existence at the time of its construction in 1893, the library's design by architect Sir Arthur Taylor used steel book stacks and glass floors to make the building fireproof. There is a considerable amount of ornament about this Richardsonian Romanesque building, including gargoyles, arches, stained glass and the Redpath crest, an ostrich holding a key.
Built in 1976, this former hotel is the newest of McGill's residences and houses over 600 students on 12 floors. It is attached to an underground shopping centre, and conveniently located near many of area amenities, including McGill's athletics facilities.
Built in 1936, Douglas Hall was originally an all-men's residence for graduate students. While this residence is now co-ed, the structure itself remains unchanged from its original conception.