Known as Divinity Hall until 1972, this building's architectural features reflect a religious function without favouring any particular denomination. Its Reading Room contains over 20,000 monographs and its chapel spans two storeys.
Named after one of the University's first Chancellors, this 19th-century French Château style mansion was designed by Bruce Price, an American architect famous for his work on the Château Frontenac in Quebec City.
After the original Macdonald Engineering Building was gutted by fire in 1907, the current building was constructed with function and safety taking precedence over design. One focal design feature was included, however: a phoenix rising from the ashes was carved on the south wall as a reminder of the fire and a symbol of rebirth.
The Arts Building, with its cupola and flag pole, is the signature building of the Faculty of Arts and McGill's downtown campus. The building dates from 1837, when McGill's Board of Governors decided to erect the first new buildings on campus.
Constructed in 1971, this building's many tiered levels and brick facing allow it to blend in with the older mansions surrounding it despite its modern style.
Known as Martlet House until 2004, this Tudor style house was originally built by Robert Findlay in 1925. It features a stone exterior, high pitched roofs and elegant wood detailing on the interior.
This modern addition to the storied Schulich School of Music building opened in 2006, and houses a world-class sound studio, audio research labs, the Marvin Duchow Music Library, a 200-seat recital hall and the Wirth Opera Rehearsal Room.
Built in 1909 following a fire that gutted the Old Medical Building, this building was designed to mirror the main entrance and wings of the Royal Victoria Hospital. Its features include an ornate reading room and a stained-glass window commemorating members of the Medical Faculty who fought or died in World War I.
In 1971, Samuel Bronfman donated this building to McGill to house the newly opened Desautels Faculty of Management. In 2004, renovations to the main floor were completed, including the addition of a steel and granite canopy over the outside entrance.
This building is the nerve centre of Macdonald Campus and home to many departments. It is linked to the Barton Building, home to the newly renovated Macdonald Campus Library.