Quick Links

Departments and Schools

Burnside Hall

Named after the original home of James McGill, Burnside Hall was constructed for the Faculty of Science in 1970. An underground tunnel system connects it to additional Science and Engineering buildings.

Address: 
805 rue Sherbrooke Ouest
Montreal, QC H3A 0B9
Canada

McTavish 3438

Address: 
3438 rue McTavish
Montreal, QC H3A 0E4
Canada

Macdonald Harrington Building

Originally the Macdonald Chemistry Building, the Macdonald-Harrington Building was recently renamed to honour its first Chemistry professor, Bernard Harrington. Built between 1896 and 1897, it was one of many donations made to the University by Sir William Macdonald.

Address: 
815 rue Sherbrooke Ouest
Montreal, QC H3A 0C2
Canada

Bronfman Building

In 1971, Samuel Bronfman donated this building to McGill to house the newly opened Desautels Faculty of Management. In 2004, renovations to the main floor were completed, including the addition of a steel and granite canopy over the outside entrance.

Address: 
1001 rue Sherbrooke Ouest
Montreal, QC H3A 1G5
Canada

Strathcona Music Building

In 1971, the Hurlbatt and Reynolds Wings of Royal Victoria College were given to Faculty of Music. Renamed the Strathcona Music Building, it is now home to the Schulich School of Music and to Pollack Hall, one of the busiest cultural venues in the city. A large statue of Queen Victoria still reigns over its front steps.

Address: 
555 rue Sherbrooke Ouest
Montreal, QC H3A 1E3
Canada

Peel 3647

Address: 
3647 rue Peel
Montreal, QC H3A 1X1
Canada

Duff Medical Building

The Lyman Duff Medical Building was built in the 1920's, with a new wing added in the 1960's to provide much-needed additional space for the now-defunct Pathological Institute. Today, the building houses modern labs and facilities for several departments, including the Sheldon Biotechnology Centre located in its Gatehouse.

Address: 
3775 rue University
Montreal, QC H3A 2B4
Canada

Peel 3487

Address: 
3487 rue Peel
Montreal, QC H3A 1W7
Canada

Molson Stadium

Part of the McGill Sports Complex, this stadium was named after a member of the Molson family who was killed in battle during World War I. Constructed in 1920, funding from both public and private sources allowed the Stadium to be recently refurbished and expanded in order to accommodate larger crowds.

Address: 
475 avenue des Pins Ouest
Montreal, QC H2W 1S4
Canada

McIntyre Medical Building

Built in 1965, the McIntyre Medical Building is easily recognizable due to its circular shape. It has a connecting bridge to the Stewart Biology Building and a link to the Life Sciences Complex.

Address: 
3655 promenade Sir William Osler
Montreal, QC H3G 1Y6
Canada

Pages