Quick Links

Departments and Schools

Strathcona Anatomy and Dentistry Building

Built in 1909 following a fire that gutted the Old Medical Building, this building was designed to mirror the main entrance and wings of the Royal Victoria Hospital. Its features include an ornate reading room and a stained-glass window commemorating members of the Medical Faculty who fought or died in World War I.

Address: 
3640 rue University
Montreal, QC H3A 0C7
Canada

Arts Building

The Arts Building, with its cupola and flag pole, is the signature building of the Faculty of Arts and McGill's downtown campus. The building dates from 1837, when McGill's Board of Governors decided to erect the first new buildings on campus.

Address: 
853 rue Sherbrooke Ouest
Montreal, QC H3A 0G5
Canada

Rutherford Physics Building

The namesake of Ernest Rutherford, one of McGill's most famous radiation physicists, special precautions were taken when it was built in 1977 to make it as stable and tremor-resistant as possible, The ground floor contains offices and large lecture rooms, and the building is home to a museum that also bears Mr. Rutherford's name.

Address: 
3600 rue University
Montreal, QC H3A 2T8
Canada

McTavish 3434

Address: 
3434 rue McTavish
Montreal, QC H3A 0E3
Canada

University 3661

Address: 
3661 rue University
Montreal, QC H3A 2B3
Canada

Stewart House

The only facility of its kind in Canada, the Mary Emily Clinical Nutrition Research Unit conducts human clinical nutrition trials; in house monitoring and testing of individuals over prolonged periods of time.

Address: 
7 Maple
St Anne de Bellevue, QC H9X 2E3
Canada

Pine 517

Address: 
517 avenue des Pins Ouest
Montreal, QC H2W 1S4
Canada

Macdonald Engineering Building

After the original Macdonald Engineering Building was gutted by fire in 1907, the current building was constructed with function and safety taking precedence over design. One focal design feature was included, however: a phoenix rising from the ashes was carved on the south wall as a reminder of the fire and a symbol of rebirth.

Address: 
817 rue Sherbrooke Ouest
Montreal, QC H3A 0C3
Canada

Beatty Hall

Built in 1912, this classic Edwardian mansion was bought by Sir Edward Beatty, president of the Canadian Pacific Railroad, in 1924. In 1946, McGill acquired the house and named it in his honour.

Address: 
1266 avenue des Pins Ouest
Montreal, QC H3G 1A8
Canada

Purvis Hall

This Classical, French Beaux Arts style mansion was built in 1907 for Sir Mortimer B. Davis, founder of the Imperial Tobacco Company, and later bought by the industrialist Arthur B. Purvis. Following Purvis' death in 1941, it was given to McGill in his memory by John W. McConnell.

Address: 
1020 avenue des Pins Ouest
Montreal, QC H3A 1A2
Canada

Pages