Originally the residence of entrepreneur James T. Davis, this mansion has many interesting features, including a dining room that is a replica of a room in the Vatican, an Italian Renaissance style library, and its own chapel on the second floor.
The construction of the McConnell Engineering Building in 1959 doubled the space available to the Faculty of Engineering, which had greatly expanded in the years following World War II. The building, named after John W. McConnell, provides a connection to the other Engineering buildings, creating a complete, joined circuit for the Faculty and its schools.
Constructed in 1965, this building was named after Stephen Leacock, a professor of economics at McGill and a well-known Canadian humorist and author. A plaque on the wall of the Leacock building commemorates the observatory that once stood on the site. A glass-walled corridor connects the Leacock Building to the Arts Building.
The construction of the Montreal Neurological Institute was commissioned by the Royal Victoria Hospital in 1932. Still considered part of the Hospital complex, it houses the Montreal Neurological Hospital Library, where a collection of more than 12,000 books and journals devoted to the neurosciences can be found.
Built in 1939, this addition to the McGill Sports Complex was named after Sir Arthur Currie, principal of McGill from 1920 to 1933. In 1947, the gym was extended and the Garfield-Weston pool and Memorial Hall were installed. In 1994, the Tomlinson Fieldhouse was constructed, adding significant additional space to the complex, including a new track and pool.
Constructed in 1965, the Stewart Biology building's highlights include two large theatres that seat 300 and 150 students respectively and the Phytotron, a large conservatory where plants are housed for study.
A number of academic and administrative units occupy space on several floors of this office tower that overlooks McGill's downtown campus.