The Rudi Dallenbach Undergraduate Research Award provides support to one undergraduate student in the Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences who is participating in a summer research project. The professor supervising the research project must provide matching funds.
Value (2017) and Duration
Value: $3,000* from Award + minimum $3,000 from the supervisor
Duration: Summer project (May to August); 16 weeks on a full time basis
*The value of the award varies depending on the rate of return of the endowment for the given year.
- Applicants must be full-time undergraduate students in the Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences at time of application.
- The research must relate to the students’ academic field of study and should be conducted with the intention to advance knowledge.
- Preference will be given to students pursuing research at the Macdonald Farm in the area of Plant Science, Animal Science, Bioresource Engineering, or Environmental Sciences.
- Students must be in good academic standing (CGPA of 3.0 or higher)
- Open to Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents and International students
- The professor supervising the research project must provide matching funds
- The professor must be from the Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences. See a full list of all departments and units on our website: Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Departments and Units (You can browse each unit’s listing to find a professor)
- The professor must have funding to match the monetary value of the award
How to apply; forms; student deadline
To submit a complete application, you need to identify and meet with an eligible researcher (link same as above) who will serve as your proposed supervisor and will submit a project proposal with you.
Submit your completed forms to research.macdonald [at] mcgill.ca
Deadline: March 15, 2017
For more Information
Macdonald Research Office
Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
Raymond Building, Room R3-032
research.macdonald [at] mcgill.ca