Human subjects in research
The Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences at McGill University is committed to the promotion of the highest ethical standards for research involving human subjects.
Ethics review and approval of research involving human subjects must be obtained prior to the commencement of a project, this includes undergraduate class projects/assignments.
Documents/Websites to Consult
- McGill University's Application Form and guidelines
- Student Guide to Ethics Review for Human Subject Research
- McGill University's Policy on Ethical Conduct of Research Involving Human Subjects.
- The Tri-policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans, available on the web sites of the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council, the Canadian Institutes of Health Research and the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council.
- Introductory on-line tutorial, for the Tri-Council Policy Statement: "Ethics Conduct for Research Involving Human Subjects".
Applications are reviewed on an on-going basis. Please note during the months of July and August processing delays may occur due to University summer hours and vacations.
Application Form, New Projects
Submit one (1) electronic copy and one (1) hard copy only.
Project Renewals, Amendments and Closure of Projects
Submit one (1) electronic copy or one (1) hard copy only. Electronic submissions with scanned signatures are accepted but must come from the PI's McGill e-mail.