Macdonald Campus Student Health Services
Important message - SUMMER 2013:
- From May 16th to August 15th, 2013, there will be no Nurse and/or Physician at the MAC Health Services clinic.
- Each day, the downtown Student Health clinic will have an MD spot (11:00) and an RN spot (12:00) with the marker “MAC patient” for URGENT APPOINTMENTS ONLY*
- Please make arrangements with the downtown clinic (514-398-6017) between 10:00-16:00 and make sure to indicate you are a Macdonald Campus student.
- The downtown clinic will be closed on the following days:
· Friday, June 21st
· Monday, June 24th (St-Jean Baptiste)
· Friday, June 28th
· Monday, July 1st (Canada Day)
· Friday, July 5th
· Friday, July 12th
· Friday, July 19th
· Friday, July 26th
· Friday, August 2nd
*MAC students will have to call the downtown clinic on the 15th of the month for all regular MD appointments*
Cancellation Policy Effective March 1st, 2013
Please call (514) 398-7992, 24 hours in advance to cancel your appointment.
When you call, mention that it is for a cancellation and leave your full name, McGill ID number and the date/time of your appointment.
Students who do not call 24 hours in advance to cancel will be charged $25.00.
Same day appointments: Students who do not present themselves for their appointment will be charged $25.00.
Nurse: Monday - Thursday, 9:00am - 4:30pm (from August 22 to May 14)
Physician: 2 days per month (from September to May).
Centennial Centre, CC1-124
To make an appointment, please call 514-398-7992
Who can use the clinic?
The clinic can be used by all registered McGill students who have paid the Student Services fee. This fee is automatically charged on the account of all students other than Post-docs and those registered in Continuing Education. In order to use the clinic, these two groups must present proof that they have paid the fee. The clinic can not be used by McGill staff or research trainees.
Students must present their valid McGill ID card as well as either their provincial health care card or the McGill Blue Cross health insurance card. If you do not bring your card, you will have to pay for the visit. For more information on health insurance coverage, click here.
FOR ON-CAMPUS EMERGENCIES:
- Call 9-1-1, then
- Call Macdonald Campus Security at 514-398-7777
- If Macdonald Campus Health Services is closed, view Medical Clinics
- Dial 8-1-1 to speak with a nurse at Info Santé (available 24 hrs/day, 7 days/week)
|Medical Services||Laboratory Services||Other Services|
|Appointments with Nurse or Physician||Rapid Strep A testing||Condoms for sale, 4 for $1 (available Monday-Friday)|
|Drop-in clinic with Nurse for urgent health care needs||PAP tests||Access to information: pamphlets and materials on health related-topics|
|Standard immunizations||STI tests (male and female)||Health Promotion events on campus|
Dietetics Stage Immunizations (click here for a list of required immunizations)
|Blood tests requisitioned by a McGill nurse or physician||Crutches available for temporary use|
|Travel Health information and immunizations|
|Gardasil vaccine (prevention of HPV)|
|Birth control prescriptions (oral contraceptive pill, patch, Nuva Ring)|