New Features for myCourses
The Spring 2014 minor update of myCourses brings new features that instructors and students have requested. Read below for the comprehensive list of new features and changes.
- After downloading submissions to their computer, instructors can bulk upload feedback for the students. *
- Students no longer need to upload a file for instructors to be able to grade them using the Assignments tool in myCourses.*
- Instructors can view the Assignments Event Log to restore deleted assignments, view when assignments were created or deleted, and view who created or deleted them.
- When viewing Content, there is now a floating side panel you can expand from the top left that shows all items in a module.
- Instructors can drag and drop one or more files from their desktop to upload them directly into the exact position they want them to appear in a module.
- PDFs open in Adobe Reader instead of the myCourses document viewer. *
- Instructors can choose to notify students of replaced content and include a reason for the replacement. Students can receive email or text Notifications when content is updated in this manner.
- Instructors can Delete selected items in the Bulk Edit view of content. *
- Instructors can use Document Templates when creating new HTML files.
- The Discussions tool has received a cosmetic update that emphasizes student-created threads.
- Students can post replies inline instead of having to open a pop-up window or use a preview panel.
- Restore deleted forums and topics.
- Instructors can enable an up vote / down vote rating scheme for discussions or continue using the existing five-star rating system.
- Instructors can now create a self-enrolment group category that allows them to select both the number of groups AND the number of users per group. *
- Quiz Layout/Question options have been moved to the Properties tab of the quiz for easier access to add and edit questions.
- Grading options for quizzes are now on the Assessment tab of the quiz.
- Instructors can set a time limit and/or IP restrictions for quiz Submission Views.
- Floating toolbars with Save and Cancel buttons appear persistently at the bottom of most pages in myCourses, eliminating extra scrolling.
- Instructors can now Role Switch from the top toolbar.
- Widgets now have more styling options, such as transparent backgrounds, rounded edges, and shadows.
- Instructors can sign up for recordings and access instructor tools from the navigation bar using the Lecture Recordings link. *
- Instructors can view statistics for their lecture recordings on the Reporting tab. *
*Commonly requested features.