The Spring 2014 minor update of myCourses brings new features that instructors and students have requested. Read below for the comprehensive list of new features and changes.
- After downloading submissions to their computer, instructors can bulk upload feedback for the students. *
- Students no longer need to upload a file for instructors to be able to grade them using the Assignments tool in myCourses.*
- Instructors can view the Assignments Event Log to restore deleted assignments, view when assignments were created or deleted, and view who created or deleted them.
- When viewing Content, there is now a floating side panel you can expand from the top left that shows all items in a module.
- Instructors can drag and drop one or more files from their desktop to upload them directly into the exact position they want them to appear in a module.
- PDFs open in Adobe Reader instead of the myCourses document viewer. *
- Instructors can choose to notify students of replaced content and include a reason for the replacement. Students can receive email or text Notifications when content is updated in this manner.
- Instructors can Delete selected items in the Bulk Edit view of content. *
- Instructors can use Document Templates when creating new HTML files.
- The Discussions tool has received a cosmetic update that emphasizes student-created threads.
- Students can post replies inline instead of having to open a pop-up window or use a preview panel.
- Restore deleted forums and topics.
- Instructors can enable an up vote / down vote rating scheme for discussions or continue using the existing five-star rating system.
- Instructors can now create a self-enrolment group category that allows them to select both the number of groups AND the number of users per group. *
- Quiz Layout/Question options have been moved to the Properties tab of the quiz for easier access to add and edit questions.
- Grading options for quizzes are now on the Assessment tab of the quiz.
- Instructors can set a time limit and/or IP restrictions for quiz Submission Views.
- Floating toolbars with Save and Cancel buttons appear persistently at the bottom of most pages in myCourses, eliminating extra scrolling.
- Instructors can now Role Switch from the top toolbar.
- Widgets now have more styling options, such as transparent backgrounds, rounded edges, and shadows.
- Instructors can sign up for recordings and access instructor tools from the navigation bar using the Lecture Recordings link. *
- Instructors can view statistics for their lecture recordings on the Reporting tab. *
*Commonly requested features.