Library checklist for instructors preparing for the academic year
Three months before classes begin, contact your liaison librarian to:
- Request the materials to be purchased for the Course Reserve, e.g. required and supplementary readings, DVDs, etc.
- Request any other material to be purchased that you need to support your teaching
- Discuss the range of Library services available for McGill Faculty, such as borrowing library materials and equipment, ILL, eScholarship, etc.
One month before classes begin, contact your liaison librarian to:
- Plan customized, subject-specific research skills workshops for your students
- Create specific subject and course guides for your students, highlighting key databases and other resources
- Create links to electronic version of required and supplementary readings in Course Reserve catalogue or to get assistance in creating links from your course reading lists to be integrated into myCourses