WorldCat Local allows the Library to make our full collection of e-resources available with far greater efficiency and reliability than what was possible with the Classic Catalogue. In summer 2014, the Library’s two-catalogue system was streamlined. Currently, Library materials can be accessed in two ways:
- All library resources (e-resources and physical items) can be found in the WorldCat Local catalogue.
- Books and physical items can be found in the Classic Catalogue. New print materials purchased will continue to be updated in Classic Catalogue (also known as Aleph).
The Classic Catalogue has a variety of sub-catalogues to allow you to do a more targeted search:
- The full, audio-visual and journal titles sub-catalogues contain books and print materials owned by the library only. They do not contain e-resources.
- The McGill Theses sub-catalogue contains both print and electronic materials.
- Course Reserves displays e-resources, as well as print materials, on reserve for McGill courses.
Alumni have online access to a selection of the Library's databases, e-journals, and e-books.
We are in ongoing discussions with faculty, staff and students regarding our catalogues and how resources are accessed. All feedback, questions, and concerns are welcome. If you run into any issues accessing Library resources, please email: collections.library [at] mcgill.ca.