This information applies to: McGill students
- Submitting requests
- Submit requests using the form on this page.
- Who qualifies
- McGill students whose address during term is registered with the University as within North America and more than 100 km from the downtown campus can borrow books without coming to the Library.
- How material is sent
- The Library will send the material with a return address label.
- Returning material
- The student is responsible for paying the cost of returning the material. The Library suggests getting a receipt in case the material is lost.
- Borrowing period
- Students with a valid McGill ID card may renew books an unlimited number of times unless the book is recalled. Recalled materials must be returned by the new due date.
Qualified Distance borrowers may borrow the following material from the regular collection.
|Initial borrowing period||Renewals||Items||Fines|
|Books - undergraduate students||6 weeks||unlimited||80||n/a|
|Books - graduate students||4 months||unlimited||80||n/a|
|Scores - undergraduate students||6 weeks||unlimited||80||n/a|
|Scores - graduate students||4 months||unlimited||80||n/a|
Distance borrowers request form
* = Required field