This information applies to: McGill students
To borrow items:
- Use one of our auto-loan machines using your Library PIN (for details, see your library account), or
- Present your McGill University student ID at one of the Library Services Desks.
|Loan period1||Max number of renewals1||Max number of items||Overdue fines||Recall fines|
|Books - undergraduate students2||6 weeks||unlimited4||80||n/a||$ 5.00/day|
|Books - graduate students3||4 months||unlimited4||80||n/a||$ 5.00/day|
|Journals||2 weeks||1||80||n/a||$ 5.00/day|
|Audio/video materials and maps||2 weeks||1||20||$ 2.00/day||$ 5.00/day|
|Course reserves5||3 hours6/24 hrs/ 48 hrs||0||3||$ 0.02/minute7||n/a|
|Course reserves - audio/video||4 hours||0||3||$ 0.02/minute7||n/a|
|Scores - undergraduate students||6 weeks||unlimited||80||n/a||$ 5.00/day|
|Scores - graduate students||4 months||unlimited||80||n/a||$ 5.00/day|
- Subject to recall.
- Students from the McGill School of Continuing Studies and McGill Community of Lifelong Learning enjoy the same borrowing privileges as McGill undergraduate students.
- PhD students whose McGill ID expires December 31 may have their borrowing privileges extended until the date their thesis is due. Either an email or a signed letter from the student's faculty administrator or thesis advisor must be sent to a Loans Supervisor at the appropriate library. (N.B. the email must be sent from a valid McGill address.)
- Students with a valid McGill ID card may renew books an unlimited number of times unless the book is recalled.
- Course reserves items must be returned to the branch library from which they were borrowed.
- Course reserve items on 3 hour loan can be borrowed overnight if they are borrowed within 3 hours before the closing of Library Services. Course reserve items borrowed overnight will be due back one hour after Library Services begin the next day.
- Library fines are calculated 24 hours/day.