Pick-up at a Library branch
• All regular loan items from any branch or storage location can be requested.
• Items requested will normally be retrieved the following day, Monday through Friday. Delivery is via McGill campus mail and delivery time varies according to their schedule.
• To request an item, search for it in the catalogue and select the request button
• You will be notified by email when the requested item is retrieved and ready for you to pick up. The item will be held for you at the branch library for 4 days.
Office delivery (faculty only)
• Faculty members with a campus address that is served by McGill’s mail system can request office delivery by searching for the item in the catalogue and selecting the request button.
• An email notice that the item has shipped will be sent once it has been retrieved by library staff.
• The item can normally be expected to arrive in the faculty mailroom within 2 to 4 days after the email.
• If the item is out to another user, a recall will be generated, and the item will ship to the requestor once it has been returned to the library.
• Library material borrowed through campus office delivery may be returned via campus mail using the envelope the item was delivered in. Materials and envelopes may also be returned at any library branch.