Items which are not returned when they are due will be subject to overdue fines. Details of the loan periods and fines can be found on the community basics chart.
- Fines can be paid in person with debit cards and all major credit cards.
- To pay by phone, please ask to speak to a supervisor who can receive payment by Visa or MasterCard.
Maximum overdue fines
- Maximum overdue fine per item: $30
- Maximum overdue recall fine per item: $100
Blocks on your account
You will be blocked from borrowing if you have:
- $30 or more owing to the library, or
- one overdue recalled item.
Note: Any outstanding amount of $30 or more owing to the Library will block the release of diplomas and transcripts. Sign in to your library account for details of outstanding Library fines.
Waiving of fines
Fines are waived only in special circumstances, for example, a documented medical situation. Please note that lack of awareness of Library policies or failure to receive a reminder email notice is not an acceptable reason for waiving a fine.