- Members of the community must purchase a library borrowing card in order to borrow items from the Library.
- Cost: $100 for 6 months or $200 for 12 months
Note: Purchasing a borrowing card does not provide remote access to the Library’s electronic resources, nor does it give you access to all Library services and resources.
To purchase a membership:
- Complete the McGill Library Borrowing Card Application Form.
- Visit any Loans Desk at any branch except the Birks Reading Room, the Edward Rosenthall Mathematics and Statistics Library, the Islamic Studies Library, and the Geographic Information Centre.
- All major credit cards and Interac are accepted. Cheques are only accepted at the Office of the Dean of Libraries.
- Bring a photo ID & proof of address.
Once your application has been processed, you will be provided with a library card that you can use to borrow items.