- McGill alumni must purchase a McGill Library Borrowing Card in order to borrow items from the Library.
- Cost for alumni: $50 for 6 months or $100 for 12 months.
- McGill Library Borrowing Cards are valid in all McGill branch libraries, subject to the borrowing policies of individual collections.
- A McGill Library Borrowing Card may only be used by the person to whom it is issued.
- The expiration date is calculated from the date of payment.
- Fines or other sanctions are imposed for late returns and cards may be cancelled if misused.
Note: Purchasing a McGill Library Borrowing Card does not provide remote access to the Library’s electronic resources outside of those available to all alumni, nor does it give you access to all Library services and resources.
To purchase a McGill Library Borrowing Card:
- Complete the application for the McGill Library Borrowing Card.
- Visit any Loans Desk at any branch except the Birks Reading Room, the Edward Rosenthall Mathematics and Statistics Library, the Islamic Studies Library, and the Geographic Information Centre.
- All major credit cards and Interac are accepted.
- Bring a photo ID & proof of address.
Once your application has been processed, you will be provided with a McGill Library Borrowing Card that you can use to borrow items.