This information applies to: McGill faculty & staff
To check out materials:
- Use one of our auto-loan machines using your Library PIN (for details, see your library account), or
- Present your McGill University ID at one of the Library Services Desks.
|Loan period1||Max number of renewals1||Max number of items||Overdue fines||Recall fines|
|Books||Due May 152||3||200||n/a||$ 5.00/day|
|Journals||2 weeks||1||200||n/a||$ 5.00/day|
|Audio/video materials; Maps||2 weeks||1||200||n/a||$ 5.00/day|
(includes Library equipment)
|3 hours/ 24 hrs/ 48 hrs/ 2 days3||0||3||$0.02/minute4||n/a|
|Course reserves - audio/video||4 hours||0||3||$0.02/minute4||n/a|
|Scores||Due May 15||3||200||n/a||$ 5.00/day|
|Nahum Gelber Law Library Primary Materials||Due May 15||3||200||n/a||$ 5.00/day|
- Subject to recall
- Loans will be due May 15 of the following calendar year (e.g. a book borrowed on January 17, 2017 is due May 15, 2018)
- Most Music Library equipment loans have a regular borrowing period of two days plus a night (due one hour after opening on the third day from the start of the loan).
- Library fines are calculated 24 hours/day.