Reference Manager 12
To download Reference Manager 12 or the network version for Windows (with multiple-user read/write access to the same database:
- Go to the Reference Manager page on the McGill IT Knowledgebase.
- Scroll down to "How to Request Access" and click on Download the software for Windows systems only.
After downloading Reference Manager, for best results it is recommended that you next download the latest upgrade (currently version 12.0.2). On your computer, click Start → Programs → Reference Manager 12 → Update Reference Manager 12. Users of version 12.0.1 are also encouraged to upgrade.
For assistance with Reference Manager, e-mail McGill's christopher [dot] lyons [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Reference Manager specialist).
Getting Started: McGill Quick Guide for Reference Manager 12.0.2
Click here from instructions on transferring references from Reference Manager to EndNote.
To download ProCite 5:
- Go to the ProCite 5 page on the McGill IT Knowledgebase.
- Scroll down to "How to Request Access" and click on "Download the appropriate software version (Windows or Mac)".
A number of free citation management programs are also available. Consult the following guides for comparisons of the various programs:
- The University of California-Berkeley
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Wikipedia page comparing reference management software