- McGill users only
- In-library-use only
- Catalogue record
Encyclopedias and Dictionaries
- Corsini Encyclopedia of Psychology
- Dictionary of Psychology (Oxford)
- Encyclopedia of Applied Psychology
- Encyclopedia of Behavioral Neuroscience
- Encyclopedia of Cognitive Science
- Encyclopedia of Consciousness
- Encyclopedia of Emotion
- Encyclopedia of Health Psychology
- Encyclopedia of Psychology (APA) (8 volumes)
- Encyclopedia of Psychotherapy
- Encyclopedia of Social Psychology
- Encyclopedia of the Human Brain
- International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Learning and Memory: A Comprehensive Reference
- Oxford Bibliographies Online - Psychology
- Senses: A Comprehensive Reference
Handbooks and Manuals
- DSM-IV-TR Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders - Fourth Edition (includes reference works, journals, and books)
- Handbook of Psychology
- Steven's Handbook of Experimental Psychology
Searching the Library Catalogue
|Truncation symbol:||?||e.g. psychol? will retrieve catalogue records containing the words psychology, psychological, psycholinguistics, etc,|
|Phrase searching:||"___"||e.g. "cognitive psychology" will retrieve catalogue records containing the phrase cognitive psychology|
|Boolean operators:||(), AND, OR, NOT
|e.g. brain AND (memory OR vision) will retrieve catalogue records containing the word brain AND either memory OR vision|
- Health and Psychosocial Instruments (OvidSP) - Comprehensive bibliographic coverage of a wide variety of evaluation and measurement tools for health and psychosocial studies, for practitioners, educators, researchers, and students.
- MEDLINE 1950- (OvidSP) - The MEDLINE database is widely recognized as the premier source for bibliographic and abstract coverage of biomedical literature.
- Mental Measurements Yearbook (OvidSP) - Mental Measurements Yearbook contains fulltext information about and reviews of all English-language standardized tests covering educational skills, personality, vocational aptitude, psychology, and related areas as included in the printed Mental Measurements Yearbooks. Searches the 9th to 17th Yearbooks (July 2010).
- PsycCRITIQUES (EBSCO) - A searchable database of book reviews in psychology.
- PsycBOOKS (EBSCO) - A searchable, full text database of books published by the American Psychological Association (APA) and other publishers. Includes most scholarly titles published by APA from copyright years 1953-2009.
- PsycINFO 1987- (OvidSP) - PsycINFO is the primary database for psychology. It covers the professional and academic literature in psychology and related disciplines, including medicine, psychiatry, nursing, sociology, pharmacology, physiology and linguistics.
- PsycTESTS (APA) - Provides access to complete psychological tests, measures, scales, and other assessments as well as descriptive and administrative information for each instrument.
- PsycTHERAPY (APA) - PsycTHERAPY is a database of streaming psychotherapy demonstrations featuring some of the most renowned therapists in North America working with participants on a host of therapeutic topics. PsycTHERAPY provides over 300 hours of video content. More than 200 different topics and 65 therapeutic approaches, demonstrated by 95 therapists, and covered throughout hundreds of filmed therapy demonstrations.
- Annual Review of Psychology 1950-
- CINAHL: Cumulative Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature (EBSCO)
- Cochrane Library
- Counseling and Therapy in Video
- EMBASE (OvidSP)
- ERIC (CSA)
- Global Health (OvidSP)
- ProQuest Research Library
- PsycArticles (APA)
- ScienceDirect: Psychology Subject Area
- Scopus - Multidisciplinary database, and a very good resource for cited reference searching.
- Web of Science - Multidisciplinary database, also a very good resource for cited reference searching.
- Wiley InterScience: Psychology
Other Useful Library Subject Guides
- Finding instruments, measures, scales & tests in education, health, psychology & social work
- Psychiatry and clinical psychology
Selected Internet Sites
Accessible to anyone with an Internet connection.
"The Psych Student's Best Friend."
- American Psychological Association
- APPIC - Association of Psychology Postdoctoral & Internship Centers
In U.S. and Canada.
- Ascodocpsy : Réseau documentaire en santé mentale
In U.S. and Canada.
- Canadian Psychological Association
- Citing Sources in APA – Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL)
- Classics in the History of Psychology
- Google Scholar
- McGill Psychology Department
- Narrative Psychology: Internet and Resource Guide
APA search engine "indexing the web for the best in Psychology."
- Psychology Virtual Library (WWW-Virtual Library Site)
- Société Québécoise de Recherche pour la Psychologie (SQRP)