- McGill users only
- In-library-use only
- Catalogue record
- Biographical Dictionary of Social and Cultural Anthropology (2003)
- Cambridge encyclopedia of hunters and gatherers
- Companion Encyclopedia of Anthropology: Humanity, Culture and Social Life
- A Companion to Latin American Anthropology (2008)
- Encyclopedia of Anthropology
5-vol. Also in HSSL REF GN11 E63 2006.
- Encyclopedia of archaeology: History and discoveries
- Encyclopedia of North American Indians
- Encyclopedia of Paleontology
- Encyclopedia of Prehistory: vol 1, Africa
- Encyclopedia of Prehistory: vol 2, Arctic and Sub-arctic
- Encyclopedia of prehistory: vol 3, East Asia and Oceania
- Encyclopedia of prehistory: vol 4, Europe
- Encyclopedia of prehistory: vol 5, Middle America
- Encyclopedia of prehistory: vol 6, North America
- Encyclopedia of prehistory: vol 7, South America
- Encyclopedia of prehistory: vol 8, South and Southwest Asia
- Encyclopedia of Social and Cultural Anthropology
- Handbook of South American Archaeology
- International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences
- International Handbook of Historical Archaeology
- Oxford Companion to Archaeology
Also in HSSL REF CC70 O96 1996
Searching the Library Catalogue
|Truncation symbol:||?||e.g. cultur? will retrieve catalogue records containing the words culture, cultures, cultural, etc.|
|Phrase searching:||"___"||e.g. "ancient egypt" will retrieve catalogue records containing the phrase ancient egypt|
|Boolean operators:||(), AND, OR, NOT
|e.g. women AND (mesopotamian OR "ancient egypt") will retrieve catalogue records containing the word women AND either mesopotamian OR the phrase ancient egypt|
- Anthropology Plus Searches Anthropological Literature and Anthropological Index, now combined on EBSCO
Full text of over 30 journals published through the American Anthropological Association
- Bibliography of Native North Americans
Indexes works published from the 16th century to the present concerning native North American topics and issues, including monographs, essays, journal articles, dissertations and other publications.
- Annual Review of Anthropology
- British Humanities Index
- CAB Abstracts
- Early Encounters in North America: peoples, cultures and the environment
- eHRAF Collection of Archaeology (Human Relations Area Files)
- eHRAF World Cultures (Human Relations Area Files)
- EVIA: digital archive of ethnographic field video [registration required]
- Films on Demand
- Humanities Full Text
- Index Islamicus
- International Bibliography of the Social Sciences
- Oxford Bibliographies Online: Anthropology
- Population Index
- Social Sciences Full Text
- Wenger Anthropological Eskimo Database
Selected Internet Sites
Accessible to anyone with an Internet connection.
- McGill University Department of Anthropology
- Arctic Science and Technology Information System ASTIS)
Documents relating to aboriginals in Quebec.
- Taiaiako'n Historical Preservation Society
Information on preservation efforts for Huron-Wendat sites in Toronto area, and other archaeological news.
- National Anthropological Archives (NAA)
Guides and searchable catalogue, SIRIS, of historical and contemporary anthropological materials in ethnology, linguistics, archaeology, and physical anthropology, documenting world cultures and the history of the discipline, including manuscripts, fieldnotes, correspondence, photographs, maps, sound recordings, film and video. Smithsonian Institution.
- About Archaeology
Archaeological blog combining articles, news, field schools, questions and answers.
- Council for British Archaeology Internet Information Service
- Egyptology Resources
Consists of Bibliography of Africana Periodical Literature Database, African Women's Database (African women's literature), and Women Travelers, Explorers and Missionaries to Africa: 1763-2000: A Comprehensive English Language Bibliography.
- ARD - The Anthropology Review Database
Reviews of the literature (books, audiovisual materials, software & multimedia, exhibits, tourist sites, conferences, and on-line resources) in anthropology and related fields.
- AnthroGlobe Bibliographies (WWW Virtual Library)
Collection of specialist online bibliographies maintained by Centre for Social Anthropology and Computing, University of Kent at Canterbury, UK.