- McGill users only
- In-library-use only
- Catalogue record
Dictionaries and Encyclopedias
- Encyclopedia of soil science / edited by Ward Chesworth.
S592 S53 2008 REF
- Encyclopedia of soil science / edited by Rattan Lal.
S592 E53 2002 REF
- Elsevier’s dictionary of soil science / A. Canarache, I. Vintila and I. Munteanu
S592 C36 2006 REF
- Encyclopedia of soils in the environment / editor-in-chief, Daniel Hillel
- Soil and environmental science dictionary / edited by E.G. Gregorich et al.
S592 S59 2001 REF
- The nature and properties of soils / Nyle C. Brady and Ray R. Weil.
S591 B79 2008
- Handbook of soil sciences / editor-in-chief, Malcolm E. Sumner.
S591 H235 2012
- Soil fertility and fertilizers : an introduction to nutrient management / John L. Havlin et al.
S633 S715 2005
- Soil ecology / by Patrick Lavelle and Alister V. Spain.
S591 L37 2001
- Soil classification: A global desk reference / edited by Hari Eswaran.
S592.16 S643 2003 REF
- The Canadian system of soil classification / Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
S133 A346 no.1646
- Soil taxonomy : a basic system of soil classification for making and interpreting soil surveys / U.S. Dept. of Agriculture
Searching the Library Catalogue
You can also search the library catalogue by subject. The following is a list of example subject headings used in the catalogue:
You can also browse the catalogue or the shelves at the following call numbers:
QH 84.8: Soil biology
QH 541.5 S6: Soil ecology
S 590-599.9 Soil science, including:
S 592.16-592.17: Soil classification
S 592.3-592.4: Soil physics
S 592.5-592.6: Soil chemistry
S 596.7-597: Soil-plant relationships
S 622-627: Soil conservation and protection (including soil degradation and erosion)
S 631-667: Fertilizers and improvement of the soil
TD 878-880: Soil pollution
Ebooks are also listed in the Library Catalogue and can be easily located using the eBooks sub-catalogue.
Allows access to full text handbooks, references, and monographs published by CRC Press. Can search content or browse the Agriculture and Environmental Science categories.
Provides detailed and exhaustive coverage of chapters of books in the agricultural, biological and environmental sciences. Includes journals as well, but searches can be refined to books only. McGill subscriptions are indicated by a bright green square box.
- SpringerLink Books
Provides online access to chapters from over 15,500 book titles. Soil Science is included in the Earth and Environmental Science subject category. McGill subscriptions are indicated by a bright green square box.
- Agricola: 1970 to the present
Indexes more than 2,000 serial titles as well as books, pamphlets, conference proceedings, research reports, government documents, monographs, theses, patents, software, audiovisual content, and microforms pertaining to all aspects of agriculture.
- Biological and Agricultural Index Plus: 1983 to the present
Provides access to the core literature of biology and agriculture, including soil science.
- CAB Abstracts: 1973 to the present
A bibliographic database compiled by CAB INTERNATIONAL. It covers the significant research and development literature in the fields of agriculture, forestry, aspects of human health, human nutrition, animal health, and the management and conservation of natural resources.
- Ecology Abstracts: 1982 to present
Indexes current ecology research across a wide range of disciplines, focusing on how organisms of all kinds - microbes, plants and animals - interact with their environments and with other organisms. Included are relevant papers on evolutionary biology, economics, and systems analysis as they relate to ecosystems or the environment.
- GeoRef: 1785 to present (North America) ; 1933 to present (Worldwide)br /> A comprehensive database in the geosciences, including soils. Contains references to over 3500 journal titles in 40 languages, books, maps, conference papers, reports, theses from U.S. and Canadian universities, and publications from the U.S. Geological Survey and the Geological Survey of Canada.
- Applied Soil Ecology
- Biology and Fertility of Soils
- Canadian Journal of Soil Science
- European Journal of Soil Science
- Journal of Plant Nutrition and Soil Science
- Plant and Soil
- Soil and Tillage Research
- Soil Biology and Biochemistry
- Soil Science Society of America Journal
- Soil Use and Management
Web Soil Survey from the Natural Resources Conservation Service of the USDA.
Politique de protection des sols et de réhabilitation des terrains contaminés (Québec Ministère de l'Environnement)