The Humanities & Social Sciences Library receives a print copy of the New York Times daily. It can be located on the main floor of the McLennan building in the newspaper room.
See also PressDisplay (a database of fully scanned images of newspapers from around the world)
Assignment 2 & 3
Review the charity’s/client’s website as well as their annual report.
Who is our target audience?
- Stats Can Community Profiles - Provides demographic information (sex, age, income etc) for residents of a particular postal code in Canada.
- PMB- Provides demographic makeup of Canadian consumers of a particular product (such as banking services), see librarian for more assistance
- FP Markets Canadian Demographics 2012 - Provides demographic information (sex, age, income etc) for residents by city in Canada. More up to date than the Stats Can Community Profiles.
- Statistics Canada- provides a variety of statistics on the Canadian population
What is the best way to reach them?
For demographic information on magazine subscribers and television viewers see:
- PMB- See the PMB Spring 2012 tab à Readershipà Demographics of Readers
- Marketer’s Guide to Media - provides information on demographics of television viewers and magazine readers (US only)
For trends in ecommerce and social media see:
For a listing of different media outlets & media trends in Canada see:
- Media directory titles at McGill
- Canadian Media Directors' Council Media Digest - Canadian media trends (very large PDF file)
- Canadian Alamanac and Directory (select your media to view a list)
See also this list of books on campaigns and writing style in PR.
See also Garner’s modern American usage.