- McGill users only
- In-library-use only
- Catalogue record
Got a couple of minutes?
Don't waste it! Save time by watching our video about how to find an experiment in the Journal of chemical education. If you need more help, don't be shy - april [dot] colosimo [at] mcgill [dot] ca (email the librarian) (April), drop in to Schulich Library, or make an appointment for help one-on-one.
You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.
Video link (.mp4)
- General Science Full Text (Wilson)
Find articles with experiments on your topic that have been published in scientific journals, such as the Journal of chemical education.
Tips for searching General Science Full Text:
- Use OR to search for synonyms or alternative names
example: vitamin c or ascorbic acid
- The "All - Smart Search" option will automatically search for variations of words; a search for experiment will find experiment, experiments, and experimental.
- Journal of chemical education publishes lab experiments. Enter it in the search box and choose 'Journal Name' from the drop-down menu.
Locating articles and books
Find an electronic or print copy through the Library:
- Look for when searching databases.
- Check the McGill Library Catalogue.
- Choose "Journal Title begins with..." and enter the title of the journal in which the article is published. The Catalogue only has journal titles in it, not article titles.
- Choose "Title begins with..." and enter the title of the book you are interested in.
- CRC handbook of chemistry and physics online
- Kirk-Othmer encyclopedia of chemical technology online
- Hawley's condensed chemical dictionary online
- 1001 chemicals in everyday products - Reference TP200 L49
- Basic laboratory and industrial chemicals - Reference TP200 B38 1993
Most of the Library's licensed electronic resources, such as databases, full-text online journals and e-books, are restricted to McGill students, faculty, staff and other authorized users of the McGill Library. Find out about accessing the Library's online resources from on and off campus.