ANTH 357 Archaeological Methods
- McGill users only
- In-library-use only
- Catalogue record
The Walter Hitschfeld Geographic Information Centre is the primary resource for maps and geospatial data at McGill University.
Selected Resources (Montreal):
- General Maps, Cultural Features and Boundaries
- Urban Maps and Data
- Airphotos and Satellite Imagery
- Population Data
- Other Data Resources for Montreal
Please Note: Most of our data sets are licensed to McGill University; use is restricted to students, faculty and staff for academic teaching and research purposes. You may be required to sign a Data License Agreement form before using this data.
For a complete list of the geospatial resources available at McGill, click here.
General Maps, Cultural Features and Boundaries
- Topographic Maps of Quebec 1:20 000
- Cartes topographiques 20k Matriciel (CTMQ) / Scanned Topographic Maps of Quebec 1:20 000
- Québec Topographique / Historical Topographic Maps of Quebec 1:50 000
- Topographic and Pictorial Map of the City of Montreal, 1846
- Montreal City Plan Series, 1950s and 1960s
- Land Use Maps, 1950s-1990s
- Montreal Land Use Map, 1949
- Montreal Urban Community General Landuse File, 2001
- Montreal Cartographic Plans
- Montreal Cadastral Plans
- Maps for the City of Montréal (BAnQ), 1801-1990
- Montreal Fire Insurance Plans (BAnQ)
Airphotos and Satellite Imagery
- Canada Census Cartographic and Boundary Files 1986-2006
GIS files of census tracts, census subdivisions, etc.
- Canadian Census Analyser 1961-2006 (Census Data files)
Provides access to profile census variables for most levels of geography.
- Census Tract (CT) Profiles, 2006 Census
Visualize the data for a specific census tract via a map and/or retrieve related profile data.
- Lovell's Montreal Directory, 1842-1999
- The Almanach de Québec, 1780-1841
Walter Hitschfeld Geographic Information Centre
Created by gic [dot] library [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Deena Yanofsky), 2011