Nahum Gelber Law Library
3660 Peel Street Montreal
Quebec H3A 1W9
- Jewish Studies
Responsible for the provision of a range of library and information services and collections to support teaching, learning, and research taking place at the LawFaculty and for Jewish Studies.
- Master of Library and Information Studies, Montreal University
- Bachelor of Library Science, National University of Mexico
- Association des bibliothécaires du Québec - Quebec Library Association (ABQLA), Vice President. 2014 -2015
- Association of Jewish Libraries.
- Smith, Sonia. Invited collaboration in: Meetings with Books: Symposium on special collections in the 21st century. With a tribute to Raymond Klibansky & an illustrated survey of McGill Library special collections. Edited by Jillian Tomm and Richard Virr. A publication of McGill University Library, publication expected spring 2014.
- Review of: From the Shahs to Los Angeles: Three Generations of Iranian Jewish Women between Religion and Culture. Albany, NY: SUNY Press, 2012. Woman in Judaism: A Multidisciplinary Journal, 2013; vol.10 (2)
- Smith, Sonia. References Services at McGill University: Reaching Out! AJL Conference Proceedings. 45th Annual Convention, Seattle, Washington, 2010.
- Sonia Smith. “Student’s difficulties searching romanized access points in the library catalogue.” Speaker. World Union of Jewish Studies Congress. Jerusalem, Israel. August 1st, 2013.
- Sonia Smith and other Librarians. “Judaica Collections at the Rare Books Department at McGill University”. Organizer of visit and moderator. Association of Jewish Libraries Annual Convention. Montreal, QC. June 21, 2011.
- Sonia Smith. “Reference Services at McGill University: Reaching out!” Speaker. Association of Jewish Libraries Convention. Seattle, Washington . July 6, 2010.
- Sonia Smith. “The Jewish Public Library in a Multi-ethnic enclave: Adapting to Changes” Speaker. Association of Jewish Libraries Convention. Scottsdale, Arizona, June 19, 2007.
- English, French, Spanish, Hebrew and Yiddish